- Cover against the loss or damage of your personal property as a result of fire, lightning or domestic explosion. We also cover you for allied perils, which are risks normally excluded from standard fire policies, but which we cover on certain conditions
- Protect your property against direct damage caused by earthquake, windstorm, flood, impact, strikes, riots or malicious acts
Cover your possessions against loss or damage from fire and other allied perils
Unexpected events can affect your home and damage the possessions you have inside it. Windstorms, lightning, floods and fires, and even riots or acts of vandalism…these can happen at any time, and can involve huge costs to repair your house or replace your belongings. Get a flexible fire insurance quote to guard against fire and allied risks and get the right policy for your needs.
Fire Insurance Allied Risks Cover
Our fire and allied insurance perils policy covers you against the loss or damage of your personal property as a result of fire, lightning, or other allied perils including:
- Explosions – Covers domestic explosions and associated fires. This excludes steam generating boilers, economisers or other vessels, machinery or apparatus or their contents resulting from their own explosion or implosion
- Windstorms – Covers complete roofed buildings and contents thereof. This excludes partially constructed building and good stored in the open.
- Earthquakes or volcanic eruptions - Covers against loss or damage caused either by earthquake shock and fire or volcanic eruption.
- Burst Pipes - Bursting or overflowing water tanks, apparatus or pipes.
- Floods - Covers against severe weather conditions that cause loss or damage due to rapid rise in water levels.
- Aircraft damage and/or articles - Covers loss, destruction or damage caused by aircraft, other aerial or space devices and articles dropped from them. This excluding those caused by pressure waves.
- Impact damage - Covers loss of or visible physical damage or destruction caused to your insured property due to impact by any rail/road vehicle or animal by direct contact that is not owned by 1) the insured or any occupier of the premises or 2) their employees while acting in the course of their employment